Attract, retain, and encourage investment in local businesses.
Partner with high schools, community colleges, and companies.
Help manufacturers fill their short- and long-term workforce needs.
Build the next generation of manufacturers.
WITH YOUR SUPPORT, ECEC will pave the way for:
- Long-term solutions to ongoing workforce demands in Northeast Ohio manufacturing
- An increase in high school graduation rates
- More investment in local businesses
- Higher employee retention
- Re-established connections between employers and their communities
- Lower crime rates among at-risk youth in urban areas
- And more...
How does it work?
- Local employers will hire students for paid, on-site work for 1-2 days per week over a two-year period.
- Plant managers and technicians will train students on various skills like CNC machining and welding. Cohorts will also have an opportunity to develop soft skills like critical thinking, teamwork, and a strong work ethic.
- Based on job performance, the company will then extend a job offer to the student after he/she graduates from high school. This can include full or part-time employment, which can help finance a degree of their choice.
- Over time, manufacturers in Northeast Ohio will develop their own workforce and create a sustainable pipeline that helps their companies grow and contribute to the regional manufacturing landscape.
HOW CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Visit our Contact Us page or call Michelle Rates at 216.432.5322.